Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 14, 2009

the color purple and janet chapman's Highlander Christmas

Ok so I may do little updates though my phone. Just little blurt updates. So we will see how that goes.

I will be doing a blog comparing and discussing Amazon's Kindle, Barnes and Nobles Nook, and the Sony e-reader. Now I want to do some research and I am going to try to see some of these as well. So that may not come till January. But I will be discussing those. I am very excited about them. and right now I am leaning towards a Nook, but let me do some more research and I will post something maybe sooner if I get in gear and find out enough info.

I recently saw The Color Purple at the Bob Carr. I have to say I am a huge fan of the book and movie and the musical is just asgood. It is a powerful story and I would recommend any version to anyone. It is a story of determination, love, and overcoming odds. I love the message and the story itself. The characters are also rich and compeling.

Ok book reviews for today. Now I had never read any of Janet Chapman's books before. But she had just released A Highlander Christmas and I am a sucker for christmas books, i love them. So i bought it. I loved it. It was interesting and really kept moving. The characters were so sweet. It was a good holiday story. And it is a called a novella, even though it is a touch long for a novella I thought, but that is nether here not there.

I loved it so much I went a picked up Janet Chapman's Charming the Highlander which is the first in the series. I was blown away. The story was very good and it was really moving. the connection between the characters and how she brings people together is fantastic. And while there are a lot of time traveling highlander stories out there. This one is a bit different then most. I have read quite a few and I was very impressed with this story. I would also recommend reading at least this one before A Highlander Christmas. While that book can stand alone, I understood it more by reading the first one. I do not know if reading the others would matter since I have not gotten that far. But both books are worth checking out. I am very excited to have found a new author, and can not wait to read her other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment