Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Shield of Winter


I just finished Nalini Singh's Shield of Winter. I had gotten an advance copy from firsttoread.com. I highly recommend this site if you want to try for early release books!  I really enjoyed this book. I did have some trouble understanding certain  elements of the story, but this is the first book i have read in the series. This is the 13th book and I can see the author uses reoccurring characters and has extensively built the world in which it takes place. I loved the characters and the struggles that they faced. This book takes place right after the fall of the Counsel and problems with the PsyNet. I really enjoyed Vasic and Ivy and their interactions together. I am very interested in going back and reading the other books in this series. I was concerned about jumping in this late in the series, but she does a good job with keeping new readers in the loop. I recommend this book for fans of Urban Fantasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment