Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Years Reading Resolutions...goals

This year was a great reading year for me. My goal for the year was to read 52 books, which is about a book a week. I ended up reading 86 books. I was very surprised by how much I had read. Looking at the last couple of years I find that I read a lot more when I have a goal. I have made reading more of a priority since it calms me and I enjoy it. I have also tried to stretch myself as a reader. I did a couple of reading challenges to help me select books that I would not typically pick up. So for 2015 there are some things I want to focus on as a reader. 1. Podcasts: I started listening to book podcasts this year and it really helped me get book recommendations and stay on top of any book news. So I want to continue listening to those. 2.Reading Goal: I want to read 52 books this year. While this is the same goal as 2014, I feel like one book a week is a realistic goal for me. I don't want to get to ambitious and stress myself out. This is a goal that makes it fun for me. 3. Book Tube: I would like to make more book tube videos. I think I need to wait till I get a better camera or at least figure out how to make better videos with the technology I have. So that is going to be something I will be working on this year. 4. Blog: I want to make sure I update my blog and website every week. So making the effort to write entries and become more consistent in my posting. 5. New books: I want to continue to stretch myself as a reader. I would like to read more books that I would not typically pick up. So I am thinking about what I am picking up and what I want to read. 6. I am also going to try not to buy as many books this year. I am going to use the library and set specific times to put in a book order to curb the book buying. I also have a subscription to Oyster so I can use that to read a large variety of books. So that is a goal I will be documenting as the year progresses. So those are my goals for 2015 and I will be documenting my progress through the whole thing. Have a great New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment