Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Review for Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman


                I loved the movie and when I first saw the movie I didn't know it was a book. Well I finally got around to reading the book. I had been looking forward to reading it for awhile.  Typically I love the book just as much or more than the movie. In this case I love the movie a lot  more than the book. I was very disappointed in the book. The plot felt a bit slow and the characters where not very likable. I was very surprised how unlikable the characters where.   I did not actually care what happened to them. I thought magic would also play a bigger part in the story, and it doesn't.  My biggest problem with the book was the character development. I would have liked more three dimensional characters and for them to be more likable. I gave the book 2 out of 5 stars. 



No comments:

Post a Comment