Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 12, 2015

First Quarter Reading Stats

First Quarter Reading Stats
So I got the idea to look at my reading stats every quarter from Rincey over at Rincey Reads. If you haven't seen her videos you should check them out. (https://www.youtube.com/user/rinceyreads)
So I went through my reading spread sheet and looked to see what I have been reading for the first three months of the year. So here is how it plays out.
Total books: 25 books
Total pages read: 5,017

Gender:
Male: 11 books (44%)
Female: 11 books (44%)
Both: 3 books ( 12%)

This doesn't really surprise me. I usually end up reading more female writers but it usually is pretty close to 1/2.

Translated: 1 book

I do need to read more book that have been translated into English. So I need to be aware of that.

Written by a person of color: 6 (24%)

My goal for this year was 30%. In the beginning of March I realized this category was pretty low and I started taking a bit more time carefully selecting which books I was reading on my TBR. I think I can get this percentage a little higher in the next quarter.

Genre
Mystery: 12%
Graphic Novel: 40%
Fantasy: 8%       
YA: 12%
Humor: 4%
Short Story: 8%
Sci-fi: 8%
Non Fiction: 4%
Poetry: 4%

So for my genres I am reading very broadly right now. I actually had not realized how many genres I had read so far this year. I have gotten more into graphic novels and have been reading a lot of trade paperbacks of great new titles this year.

Format:
Paperback: 76%
E-book: 12%
Hardcover: 16%
Audio: 0%

I was surprised I hadn't listened to any audio books this year. But I have been listening to a lot of podcasts this year so I think that is where my listening is. So I need to listen to a couple audio books in the next quarter. I usually read a lot of paperbacks so the fact that the paperbacks are the highest is not surprising.

I am completing a 25 book challenge, Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge and a Classics Challenge.
  25 Book Challenge: 11 books read
Read Harder: 10 books read
Classics: 6 books read

So I am doing really well with my challenges this year!

I found going through this very helpful. I know which areas I need to be more aware of and which areas I am doing well in.  So we will have to see what the next three months brings!!



No comments:

Post a Comment