Total Pageviews

Friday, June 30, 2017

Reading to your baby

I love reading to my baby and have been since she was first born. Now I don't always read to her every night. It sometimes goes in waves right now until we get a better schedule togther. I prefer to read to her during the day. So sometimes in the morning or afternoon I will read her a couple books.
What I have also started to do is let her play with the books. I let her turn pages and enjoy the book. I think this is also an important thing to do. I go in knowing she will chew on the books so I ake sure the books in her read are safe and are approriate for a 6 month old to attempt to eat. I get a lot of joy ut of sharing my love of books with Penelope and seeing her start to take an interest in them.
So don't beat yourself up and do as much as you can. It is just like any reader, if you skip a day it is fine. I sometimes read a bunch of books in one sitting and sometimes we do one. It depends on your baby and the time you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment