Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 23, 2009

The start, the premise, and Julie and Julia

I did not know how I wanted to approach this blog, which sounds funny, but I wanted to make sure it had some order. I have discovered I was simply overthinking it. So this is a book blog, and it will be about books in any form or fashion. That being said we will now start this blog.

I will be back tracking to books I have read so I will have plenty to write about in the upcoming weeks. I will be discussing my favorite series and authors. I will also be discussing plays, musicals and films based on books...(as I will shortly). I will also discuss books I am currently reading and successes and failures on that front.

Today I went with my mother and saw Julie and Julia...which I think is a fitting movie to start my own blog with. I really enjoyed this movie. Now I have not personally read the book, I ment to read it before I saw the movie, but alas that did not happen. My mother read it and did enjoy both book and movie. I will have to read this book now since the film was so enjoyable. Meryl Streep and Amy Adams where both fantastic. I would recomend the movie to anyone who want s a feel good movie and I will be going out and getting a copy of the book soon!

Right now I am reading On Basilisk Station by David Weber. I am enjoyoing it but I had a hard time getting into it. The book tends to be very technical and politically heavy, and I am hoping to see more character driven action coming into it. I am on page 79 and am seeing a slight move in that direction. Now I am not use to reading Sci-fi which is what this novel is, so that may have a al ot to do with it. But the book caught my attention and I am trying to branch out a bit more. So we shall see where that leads. I will go more into this novel as I get further into it.

Next week I am planning on going to see the Time Traveler Wife which I did actually read a while ago. So I will have a more clear or educated..if you will..look at how this movie works or compares to the book. Now on that note I do usually like the book better, but one has to take movies as a different medium that has other advatages and disadvatages. So well shall see how that movie goes.

For now that is all I have to say on the world of books right now. So enjoy your evening

No comments:

Post a Comment