Total Pageviews

Monday, August 24, 2009

Sabrina Jeffries Lord's Series

For the next couple postings I am going to recommend series I have read, as well as individual books. I may also discuss and author and a couple of there books at a time that are interconnected. That is the rough plan of approach right now. I will include my daily progress on the book I am ready and maybe a movie review. So let's get started.

The first series is Sabrina Jefferies Lord's trilogy. She has written multiple books and will also be discussed again at a later date. The books in this set are The Pirate Lord, The Forbidden Lord, and The Dangerous Lord. You see the same characters make apperances thoughout the three books which is always fun and something I am particularly fond of.

I really enjoyed The Pirate Lord, it was fun and actually a very creative plot I thought. In a nut shell a group of pirates take over a woman's convict ship headed towards Austraila and the heronie, Sara Willis, does not take to kindly to being kidnapped and how the pirates plan on treating the women. This leads to the butting of head between the pirate captain Gideon Horn and Sara. It is a harming read and I would recommend it.

The second book The Forbidden Lord we get the story that centers around Sara's step brother, Jordan Willis, the Earl of Blackmore. This story is a very funny and entertaining read. In a nut shell Jordan meets Emily, a prechers daughter, at a ball she attend with a friend. Later Emily is blackmailed into returning to town and posing as Lady Emma. Jordan swears he know Lady Emma and is bent on exposing her true identity. Again I would recommend this one as well.

The third book in the series is The Dangerous Lord in which you truely fall in love with the hero of this story. In a nut shell Felicity wants to prevent her friend from entering into a marriage she thinks won't suit her. This bring Felicity up against Ian Lennard, the Vicount St. Clair who is in a bad position and needs to marry. This story is delightful and really worth the time.

Sabrina Jeffries is one of my favorite authors. Most of her books are fantastic. They have a wonderful sense of humor thoughout them and you find yourself laughing thought out her books. The three books just outlined...if you had not noticed...are in the romance genre.

Today I have gotten further in On Basilisk Station now as we seem to be getting into the action it is picking up a bit. But it is still a bit hard to wade though sometimes, but I think when we get more character interaction the story will pick up. So I am hopeful. I have set a page requirement to read each night so i can get though it quickly.

For you book lovers I would like to recommend the sight Shelfari.com. The book self on the right side of this page is from there. It is a wonderful sight and helps you keep what you have read organized and it is a good reference. You can also meet people and join groups by subject and such. I strongly recommend the group 50 book challenge. It is an excellent premise and group.

So that is all for tomight!! Happy reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment