Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Wicked Lord at the Wedding and The Earl Claims His Wife

Well there seems to be a lot of news about e-readers out right there. Barnes and Noble is coming out with there own version. So coming up I will do research on a couple of different types and post my findings later this week or next week.

I have been watching the T.V show Bones lately that is based ooff the life and books of Kathy Reiches. I have been meaning to read her books, so I will be picking up the her first book soon. I am really loving this tv show and have finished season 1.

Also on Friday the movie the Vampire's Assistant comes out which is based upon a trilogy of books. This book is also represented at Univerals Halloween Horror Night in it's own scare zone, which is pretty fun.

Today I will be discussing two books. Then I will be caught up with my resent reading.

First up us A Wicked Lord at the Wedding by Jillian Hunter. Now I am a big fan of Jillian Hunter. I loved her Boscastle sibling series. Which I will discuss at a later date. This book is highley entertaining and the characters are delightful. It is also a bit of a treat that the male protagonist, Sabastien, is a Boscastle cousin. So if you are familiar with her other work, it is a branch of the same family. Which I always find exciting and love to see characters pop up or even to be mentioned in other stories. But this story is fast paced and fresh. The female protagonist, Eleanor, is an interesting character who is an excellent match for her husband. I thought the plot was strong and the characters interesting. I would recommend this book, it is a very fun read.

Next up is an author that I am always excited to read and that is The Earl Claims His Wife by Cathy Maxwell. I actually met Cathy Maxwell at a Romace convention earlier this year and she was delightful. I was thriller to meet her. This recent novel of hers is very good. And is actually simialar to the last book I just wrote about, in that is about an absantee hunsband coming back into the picture. But this is also a fast paced story, with actually little danger. Wile the previous book has more action this has a lot of heart. This story is a true testament of different types of love. I would highly recommend this book. Gillian is a fantastic character, she is strong and fiery and I loved her resilance. You also really feel for her husband Brian. I think it is a good read and would highly recommend it.

Well that is all for now. Currently I am reading Sharp Edges by Jayne Anne Krentz.

No comments:

Post a Comment