Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Lord and Spymaster, Cherish, and Santa in a Stetson

I will be reviewing and discussing 3 books in this blog. yah!!

First up is My Lord and Spymaster by Joanna Bourne. I found this story very original and fun. This story is a fast paced adventure with very strong and fun characters. I was actually suprised at how much I really enjoyed this book. I love when you get really involved in the characters and care what happens to them. Jess who is the female protagonist is a fantastic character. She is a very different sort of character and spunky and fiery. Sabastian is also a wonderful character. They compliment each other very well.

The next book is Cherish by Catherine Anderson. This was a fantastic book. I would highly reccomend it to anyone. It deals with the dirreiculty of witnessing a tramatic stituation and how shock can occur and the effects it has on the person themselves and the ones around them. Rebecca and Race are amazing characters who you truely learn to love and want the best for. Now Catherine Anderson is one of my favorite all time romance authors. If you are looking for an excellent read anything with her name on it is worth your time. This story takes place in Colorado area in 1810. The climate and ruffians are only a few of the obsticles delt with. This is an amazing book and you should read it. It is a testament of true love and overcoming incredible odds.

The next book is Janet Dailey's book Santa in a Stetson. Now I am going to say it is a cute story. A bit flat, but cute. I will worn you it has nothing to do with christmas. The last chapter takes place around christmas but that is all. The back of the book is not what the book is about and is misleading. I have never been more confused or disappointed. I love Christmas stories, the feel, the setting, and you don't get that. The title also makes no sense to the story. But it is a cute story and actually worth reading, just don't ecpect it to be what it isn;t and you'll be fine. The characters are interesting, but a there was something about the story that seemed a bit off, and i can't put my finger on it. but it is a nice quick read.

Right now i am reading another of my favorite authors. I am reading The Earl Claims His Wife by Cathy Maxwell.  Happy Reading

2 comments: