Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Shadowmen Series by Jennifer St. Giles

It's been too long since my last post. So that means I have a lot of catching up to do since I have quite a few books to review. So where to start....let's see.

Movie News: In movies Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is doing really well in theaters, I have yet to catch the flick myself, but do want to see it. There have been a lot of previews for Where the Wild Things are, which is also based off a children's book coming out soon. The biggest movie/ book news, is the upcoming release of New Moon, the second in the Twilight series. Disney is releasing another version of a Chritmas Carol...which I am excited about. And finally in december Holmes based on the character Sherlock Holmes is coming out. So we have a lot of movies coming out based on books, so we will see how they are.

Book News: There are some interesting new releases. A big on is Dan Brown's new book The Lost Symbol. The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks is also out, which sounds interesting. I am excited about Heat Wave by Richard Castle....but I am a HUGE Castle fan...which is an awesome show on ABC.

So I finished the first four books in Jennifer St. Giles Shadowmen series. Overall I enjoyed the series and when more books are relased I will read them but I was disappointed in the series and I'll explain that within each book. It is like one long book

The first book Touch a Dark Wolf was fantastic. It was fast paced and the characters are compleling. I really enjoyed this first book and highly recommend it. It is a simple story but it really draws you into it. St. Giles does a good job of creating a wonderful fantasy world in which the shadowmen live. It does a nice job of compiling legends and such and putting it in a logical and believable world.

The second book is The Lure of the Wolf was also wonderful. It focuses on the main characters and includes the characters we saw in the last book buliding them, but the focus is centered and the plot is simple to follow and compelling like the first book.

Now Kiss of Darkness is where things start to a bit downhill. I loved the characters she focused on in the book...or was suppose to. But as we continue this story through the third book it becomes too wide. there is too much going on. I wanted to read more about the relationship of the characters it was to focus on. But there was not as much time with them as I would liek to as seen. But there is a lot going on and the story is still incredible and i want to see what happens to these characters. But this was still a good story.

The fourth book Bride of the Wolf was not all that good. I wanted to know more about the main characters in this book, but got too much of the side stories. We have more characters in this book and buliding all these new characters, when they should be more secondary, becuase if they get there own books we know too much to make it really interesting. Unless it is set up so they can not stand alone. But i wanted more with the main characters in this book, which of the ensamble are the most underdeveloped.

will I read the next one? Yes, while there is a lot going on the the plot falls apart a bit in the fourth book, i am attatched to the characters, but I hope that the characters are not spread thin when they need to be to focal point of the story.

Right now I am reading Cherish  by Catherine Anderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment