Total Pageviews

Monday, September 21, 2009

S.J. Day Marked Series

News: I am super excited about Lisa Kleypas' book Tempt Me at Twilight being released tomorrow. So this is the last time that announcement will be up...which I am sure your glad of.

I bought a book from Amazon a book recommended to me by a friend. It is This Times a Charm by Don Wilhelm. It is a story about his battle with cancer. Here is the website where you can read some of the book and get more information about this inspirational man! http://www.thistimesacharm.com/blog/entry/01-27-2009/Read-This-Times-a-Charm-for-Free/15

Todays review is on S.J. Day's Marked series. There are three books Eve of Darkness, Eve of Destruction, and Eve of Chaos. I really enjoyed this series and thought is was wonderful. I am hoping there will be more books released in this series.

Eve of Darkness is the first book. and is very fast paced and intense. Now this one is very risque in the begining so be prepared for that. But Day is a wonderful story teller and this is a fast paced adventure. Eve is an interior designer who is marked with the mark of cain. In which we are introduced to the origianl Cain and Abel and Angels, Demons, and other supernatual characters make up the colorful cast of characters.

Eve of Destruction is next and I liked it, but not as much as the first one. I had a hard time sometimes keeping with the story, I thought it was a bit slow sometimes and wanted it a bit faster. I think it was becuase the first one was so fast, but it is still an enjoyable read and the ending was super exciting.

Eve of Chaos was a nice third book and I was really with this book. Day really brings the characters to interesting levels and we develops them nicely. I really liked the direction she took them, while I can see some being a bit unhappy, but it should not suprise anyone. I loved this book. I really look forward to more books in this series.

Overall I would highly recommend this series. If sex, religous themes, and violence are not your thing, these books are not for you. But overall these elements aren't distracting or over the top. They are super fun books!!

S.J. Day is on twitter http://twitter.com/sjday. and her website is http://www.sjday.net/

Currently I am reading Lure of Darnkess by Jennifer St. Giles. Which is the third book in her Shadowmen series. I am really enjoying them and can't wait to write up my reviews!!!

Have fun reading!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am super excited to read the S.J. Day's series as I have heard you talk about them for awhile now and now even more so after your little recap here. Fun times they shall earn a space on teh shelf-o-stuff to read lol!

    ReplyDelete