Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Ghost Story


So I have finished my first book of 2014. Now I had started this book last year, but every year I have some books that follow me into the new year. Now I am not using this book for the 25 genres/categories challenge because the rules state that the book needs to be started in 2014 to count. But it does count towards my overall total. 



My first book for 2014 was Ghost Story by Jim Butcher. It is the thirteenth novel in the Dresden Files series. This book took me awhile to read. I had trouble in the middle and thought it got the really slow. Now once I got through that slow point for me the ending was amazing. If there is one thing Jim Butcher can do it is wrap up his books with a bang. I think it was interesting look at the different characters and what would happen if something happened to Harry. In this book we are dealing with Harry's Ghost. We see the development of different characters and how they cope. I thought it was a very interesting way to progress the story and the characters. 

My favorite characters in the series are Butters and Bob. Now in this book I also feel in love with Mort the ecnomancer. It is worth reading, especially if you have been reading the series. There are so e lovely scenes and Jews in this book, just like most of his books have. 

I am actually interested in reading his other series and see how much I like that one. I think it is worth looking into. 

I have now started Cold Days by Jim Butcher. I will write more about what I think about that book in a later last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment