Total Pageviews

Monday, January 20, 2014

Review for The Ocean at the End of the Lane

So today I finished Neil Gaiman's book The Ocean at the End of the Lane. Now this is the first book by Gaiman I have read. I have Stardust and Good Omens on my self waiting to be read. But I selected this one because I have heard a lot of good things about it. I finished it today and I have it two out of five stars on Goodreads. I thought the novel was a bit slow and I didn't particularly care for the characters. I was hoping it would pick up as the story went on, but it wasn't all that interesting for me. I guess the story wasn't what I was expecting. Looking at the reviews a lot of people have loved this book. I would recommend trying it, especially if you are a Neil Gaiman fan. I would not recommend this book to be the first one you start with for this author however. 

My goal is to read another one of his books this year so I can get a better feel for his writing and storytelling. I also have a couple of his comic books to read. I would love to hear some of the books you like by Neil Gaiman. 


No comments:

Post a Comment