Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 20, 2014

A Rogue by Any Other Name and Oyster

I have finish quite a few book since my last post, so I will be posting reviews and pictures over the next couple weeks. I am going to start back by telling you about the last book I finished. I read A Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean. This is actually the first book I have read by this author and was absolutely delighted. I loved how she created characters I cared about very quickly. It was a fast paced read and I was so hooked I finished it in two days. The story is believable and you can't help but fall in love with all the characters. This is the first book in a series of four books. What first grabbed my attention was the loevly cover of this book.

The story revolves around a Lord who has lost everything. He earns his riches back by being one of the owners of gaming hell. But he still wants the land he lost to a trusted guardian in a card game. When a childhood friend has the land added to her dowry he decides to take action. I highly recommend this book.


I also just subscribed to Oyster Books. It is fantastic. I had been hearing about it on the Book Riot podcast for a few months and last week finally decided to check it out. It is amazing. There are a lot of different types of books. It has award winners and past New York Times Bestsellers. I was very excited about all the different romance novels and fiction that was available. It is only $9.95 a month and you can read as many books as you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment