Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Book Riot: Young Adult Quarterly Box #2

This week I received the second Book Riot: Young Adult Quarterly Box. I enjoy receiving the subscription book boxes. Each box is $50 and they are delivered every three months. This makes this box very affordable. I am usually very happy with the contents of this box and their other box designed for adult readers. Each box has a theme and the theme for this box is friendship. In the box this month I got some great items. The first item in the box was a book light. It also came with a pack of cards that look like library classic library cards. You can use them to make lists, take notes, or keep track of books you lend out. This box also came with three books. I loved that so many books where included this month! The first book is Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour. I had not heard of this book but I am very interested in it. It is a story about finding out who you are and finding adventure. I am interested to see the female relationships presented in this novel and how the others looks at teen issues. The second book is A Sense of the Infinite by Hilary T. Smith and it also came with a signed book plate. This one looks very interesting. It looks like it is about becoming your own person, defining yourself, and coming to terms with your past. I can't wait to dive into this book. This book also came with three postcards that have quotes from the book on them. The third book is Chasing Shadows by Swati Avasthi with graphics by Craig Phillips. I love that this book has graphics within the text. This book is about dealing with a tragedy and how that can effect a friendship and how you deal with that. This is another book I had not heard of and am excited to dig into! Overall I am very excited about this box. I got three books I had not heard of and they look very interesting. I like the surprise aspect of the boxes and not knowing what I am going to get. I have been looking at other boxes to see if there are others I would want to try, but they tend to be a little bit more expensive. So we shall see. But I highly recommend this box or the other box they offer. Book Riot is also getting ready to do a comic quarterly box. So keep your ears open for that one if that is more your style.

No comments:

Post a Comment