Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Where I buy Baby books

Baby books can be very expensive. I didn't really want to spend almost $20 per book for picture books. Board books can be less expensive at $7 to $10 a book. Here are some great places to get discounted books. Local Library: A lot of libraries have sales or second hand stores in them. My local library has a small used store that is open during the weekdays. They sell books from .25 to a couple dollars. They have a good variety. you can usually get some good children's books there. I got over 20 books for about $4.50 last time I went. Any money this stores make usually help the library, which is an added benefit. If you are not interested in buying books obviously you can check them out of your local library. Second Hand Stores:Used book stores are a great way to support your local community. You can also find some amazing books. Usually they depend on what people bring in. The two stores I go to will give you store credit based on what books you bring in. This can also help offset the cost of children's books (or books for you). I have found some older books with such lovely illistrations in them. You should look up any used bookstores in your area. Book Outlet: Book Outlet is an online discount book site. Their stock revolves so you can't always find specific books. This is more for browsing and seeing what they have available. The prices range but you can get hard cover, soft cover, board books, library bound, or scratch and dent. So there are sometimes a variety of ways to save money on this site. The shipping can seem pricey but for what you are saving on the books I have always found it worth it. They are having a sale this week were you get free shipping so now would be a good time to check them our. Lilly Post: There is also a service called Lilly Post. For $26 a month they send me 5 wrapped board books. When my daughter is a little older it will be more fun to watch her unwrap them. But I have gotten some great books through this. I signed up through Book Outlet so you can go to their site for more info. There is also a plan that sends you 4 picture books each month. Barnes and Noble or Books a Million: If you have a chain bookstore near where you live you may be able to find some deals in the clearance sections of these stores. They also have discount cards you can buy and off coupons fairly regularly. So you probably won't save as much as the places above, but if you are looking for a specific book this may bee a good option. If you don't live near a books store Amazon usually has good prices and offers used books you can buy sometimes as well. That is how I save money on books for my baby. This is also how I get books for myself and my classroom. So sometimes you just need to look around what is available in your community.

No comments:

Post a Comment