Total Pageviews

Monday, March 20, 2017

Baby Lit Books Post #1

I love classics. When I was in middle school and high school that is all I read. I was "that" kid and am actually still proud of that. So when a friend told me about a book series for babies based off of classics I had to check them out. I got the five I am going to talk about from my baby shower. If you have read the classic reading the board book to your child is highly entertaining. The series is called BabyLit Books.
First up is Frankenstein An Anatomy Primer. This one goes through the parts of the body. Which is fantastic. Pride and Prejudice is a Counting Primer. This board books uses elements from the book to teach counting. It uses locations, characters, and plot points. Little Women A Playtime Primer teaches different activities such as drawing, writing, and playing the piano all activites the sisters do in the novel. Each activity also has a quote from the novel. Which is a really nice touch. Dracula A Counting Primer is adorable. This one is layed out very much like the Pride and Prejudice one. It uses characters, plot points, and locations to teaching coutning skills. The last one I will talk about is Alice in Wonderland A Colors Primer. It selects elements of the story and highlights different colors. It is well done and very cute. All these books have great colors and interesting for both baby and parent.
It is a great way to expose children to classic novels. I feel there is a play for classic works and while we are currently working to expand that definition. Historical novels have an important place on understanding our past.

No comments:

Post a Comment