Total Pageviews

Friday, March 17, 2017

Where to start

I am an avid reader. I love books and everything dealing with books. When I found out I was pregnant last year one of the things I was excited about was sharing my love of books with my new baby. That also made me relize that I knew nothing about children's books. So I will be writing a number of blog posts on my journey in this new area of literary exploration. Let's start with where I started on this journey. I started with classics. I got The Very Hungry Caterpiller, Good Night Moon, and Puff the Magic Dragon. But I also wanted something more for my daughter. I wanted to make sure she had diverse books (which more on that at a later date) and interesting books. One of the things I did to help me is I subsrcibed to Lilly Post (http://www.lillypost.com/about_us). I get 5 board books every month for a very good price. I also have visited the library and checked out a selection of books. I also bought some from the used book store and the library second hand store. My online reseach has left much to be desired. So I am going through books myself and trying to create a list of great childrens books. I am starting with board books for right now. So we shall see how this goes. My next step is to also look up story times and start taking her to story times around town to see if I can encounter books that way. Access is the key to success with books! If you have any great diverse book recommendations please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment