Total Pageviews

Friday, August 28, 2009

Julia Quinn's The Lost Duke of Wyndham and Mr. Cavendish, I Presume

Todays books are by Julia Quinn. Now she is one of my favorite authors, but her books can be touch an go for me. While I adore her Bridgertins series, which I'll discuss at a later date when I can find all the books. I will be talking about a pari of books she released. In The Lost Duke of Wyndham and Mr. Cavendish, I Presume deal with the same story from two different perspectives.

While this is an interesting idea and is done very well in the Son's of Destiny series, these books leaves the reader wanted something. I liked the sotry but to be honest out of the two I liked Mr. Cavendish, I Presume  better then The Lost Duke of Wyndham. The Lost Duke of wyndham was actually a pointless book, which I hate to say about a book. But she could have just written Mr. Cavendish, I Presume and it would have been enough. While the characters are interesting and lovely, the plot in the first one could have been better. There was way to much repeat of the same scenes. While I understnd that was the point it felt like I was reading the same book twice and getting very little out it. I wanted more of the story and hidden moments. Not the same scenes revisted again and again. This set of books I recommend with a warning. If I knew how repetative they would be going in I may not have had such a harsh reaction to them.

While Mr. Cavendish, I Presume is one of my favorites by Julia Quinn I'd recommend starting with her Bridgerton series or one of her stand alone books, which I will also discuss at a later date. I found how they were written to be a disappointment but indivudally they are wonderful stories.

Julia Quinn does have a new book out called What Happens in London. I am looking forward to reading this book since her books are fun and entertaining reads. I'll have a review on that once I read it.

Julia Quinn's books there is a character named Lady Whistledown who writes a gossip column, anyway there is a twitter that writes as this character. While she does not post much she is fantastic and is totally worth following, especially if you are familar with the character. http://twitter.com/LdyWhistledown

Here is her offical site: http://www.juliaquinn.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment