Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Stephanie Laurens and Lucy Monroe.

Well it is September. Can't belive how this year has flown by. In news Lisa Kleypas's book Tempt Me at Twighlt is being released September 23rd, according to Amazon. So that is very exciting. I have 2 books ro review today, I've been busy busy busy. I read Mastered by Love by Stephanie Laurens and 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys by Lucy Monroe. So those are what I will be talking about in today's blog.

I was actually pretty disappointed in Mastered By Love by Stephanie Laurens. I have read a couple of her books, but she is one of the few I don't seem to read in order or anything like that, which actually doesn't seem to matter. Which is good, you can jump around and still know what's going on. This book is the last book in her Bastion Club Series. I liked how the story opened and was very engaged in the book. My problem with the book is that about half way through the plot seems to disinagrate a bit. to be blunt there is a point where there are just too many sex scenes. I really enjoyed the two main characters and would have really liked to see more conversation between them and more bantering. I did start losing interest in the book, around the middle. But the end was action packed and well written, if not a little quick. I would recommend reading this whole series most liekly and reading this to finish it. It make be more entertaining or a nice finish to the series. But as a stand alone book it leaves a bit to be desired.

The next book 3 Bride for 3 Bad Boys by Lucy Monroe was exactly what I thought it would be. It was light and entertaining. I would reccomend this book as a delightful fluff read, which is not an insult becuase I love them. It is 3 short stories about 3 brothers. it is delightful and a very quick read.

well that is all for now readers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment