Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

choosing books

I have been giving a lot of thought to how I go about choosing what books to read next. Why do we select some books and pass on others? This year I am completing that 25 category challenge I wrote about in a previous post, so expand what I am reading. I have done that throughout the last few years and each year I try or add something to my reading that enhances how I read. By branching out and exploring different genres I am getting a better handle of what I enjoy as a reader. Now I have always been open to trying different books and as I get older i do read a variety. But I find that there are still some areas I have either moved away from or just don't read as much. For example this year I am going to try and read more new releases. This means I need to be more careful what books I spend money on and budget for that. I am also planning on using my public library more. Some books won't be to hard because I can catch up on my series then read them as they come out. So as I look at what I have read so far and see what changes need to be done or if how I am approaching my reading this year is working well  I also need to consider how to go about selecting books I will enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment