Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Invention of Wings

So I am very excited to say that I went out and bought Invention of Wings by Susan Monk Kidd. Once Oprah announced her next book I decided to read it. While I was a bit young to get into her original book club I am trying to read some of her 2.0 book club books. The novel sounded like something I wanted to read. I am about half way through the book and so far I love it.

I decided to read it since I loved the last book she had recommended. I took The Twelve Tribes of Hattie from the library and read it in three days. I loved how it changed point of view and how we saw the story form from those multiple viewpoints. 

The Invention of Wings is also told from a couple point of views. Now I love when books do this. I Loved the Time Traveler's Wife which also uses this style. While you may have to pay extra attention to what your reading, i usually enjoying seeing the events from multiple people. I like seeing what was misunderstood, what hurt people, what events meant more to another character.

I do like stumbling across books that are playing with form and structure. It makes me really think about what I am reading and gives me another way to view the world around me and make those connections. So my goal for the upcoming weekend is to finish The Invention of Wings so I can write a review for you. Then I need to decide what to start next.

No comments:

Post a Comment