Total Pageviews

Friday, January 17, 2014

Review of The Invention of Wings

So I just finished the book The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd. I liked it, but I was actually expecting to like it more. i loved the beginning of the novel. I thought she had strong character development and it was very interesting. But as the book went on I felt it got a bit slow. I was hoping it would pick up again but I felt myself not very interested in the later part of the book. I did greatly enjoy the chapters going back and forth between Sarah and Handful. It added an intriguing element to the novel to see it from both point of view. I liked the characters in the book and the writing style. I gave the book 3 out of 5 stars on goodreads. I liked the book I just didn't love it. I do have Sue Monk Kidd's other books and I am planning on reading them to see if I prefer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment