Total Pageviews

Monday, January 13, 2014

Wonder by R.J. Palacio

So yesterday I read Wonder by R.J. Palacio. It is a very easy and quick read. It is about a fifth grade boy who has as facial deformity. The story goes through his first year at school. Up until the fifth grade Auggie had been home schooled. What I really liked about this book is that it was told from several points of view. You get Auggie himself, Via Auggie's sister, Jack hos friend, and a variety of other characters. each character adds to the story and in the opening of their story they overlap with their view of what happened.

This novel would be good for young adults since it gives kids different view points and allows them to see how their decisions and words can effect others. This year this book is on the Sunshine State Reading list, which is a list of books that are selected for middle school aged students (Grades 6-8). This book was a very popular pick at my school which is why I decided to read it. I like reading books when the students go crazy for them. It helps me to be able to give them other recommendations and see what types of books they are interested in reading. I do highly recommend this book, especially for kids. This book had a similar feel to the book Out Of My Mind by Sharon Draper. So fans of that book would most likely enjoy this book as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment